- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp/125g/4.4 oz unbleached plain flour (you can use wholewheat or gluten-free, if preferred)
- ½ cup + 1 ½ tbsp./65g/2.2 oz Natvia Baking Mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp Heilala whole ground vanilla bean powder*
- 1 ea Large egg
- ¼ cup/60ml/2oz Buttermilk
- ¼ cup/60g/2oz Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ¼ tbsp./25g/0.8 oz macadamia oil or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease your doughnut pan with butter,oil or baking spray, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, Natvia, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and vanilla powder.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, yoghurt, and oil (or butter).
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the wet ingredient mix and whisk the batter until very smooth.
- Divide the batter between the doughnut pan holes.
- Tap the pan on a bench once or twice to make sure the batter is level in each cavity. This will ensure a more even rise for each doughnut.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until risen and golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow the doughnuts to cool completely before glazing.
- Tips: *You can substitute the seeds scraped from one vanilla bean or 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste.
No nutritional info supplied
You may also like...
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection