Apple and Blueberry Hazelnut Galette
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
0.5 cup hazelnuts
1.25 cup plain flour
0.25 cup self-raising flour
1 tablespoon Natvia
125 g cold, unsalted butter, chopped
1 tablespoon cold water
1 Egg, lightly beaten
250 g punnets blueberries
1 Granny Smith apple, cored, thinly sliced
2 tablespoon Natvia
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 teaspoon lemon juice
0 Double cream, to serve
- Spread hazelnuts over an oven tray. Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 6 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Process hazelnuts in food processor to form a coarse meal. Add flours, Natvia and butter. Process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water and egg. Process until mixture just comes together. Transfer to a clean bench. Shape into a disc. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours.
- To make filling, place all ingredients in a bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Roll dough between two sheets of baking paper to form a 30cm round. Remove top sheet of paper. Life paper and pastry round onto a large oven tray.
- Mound filling in centre of pastry round, leaving a 5cm border. Carefully fold pastry edges up and over to partly cover filling, slightly pleating, to create an edge. Use hands to form pastry into a neat round, sealing any cracks where necessary.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on tray.
- Serve with cream.