Serves: 9 - 12
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g sugar-free dark chocolate
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked or 3 flaxseed eggs*
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g cacao powder, plus extra for sprinkling
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup Natvia
- 3 tsps gelatine
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250g cream cheese
- ¼ cup Natvia
- 250ml thickened cream
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Heat butter and chocolate in the microwave until melted.
- Stir in the eggs, flour, vanilla, cacao powder, salt and Natvia.
- Pour into a greased and baking paper lined 20cm brownie tray and bake for 25-30 minutes. Or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Stand until cooled.
- To make the cheesecake layer, sprinkle gelatine over ¼ cup of water in a heatproof bowl. Place the heatproof bowl in a saucepan of simmering water until gelatine is dissolved. Remove from the saucepan and keep warm.
- Beat vanilla, cream cheese and Natvia until smooth. Beat in cream, lemon and lemon zest until combined. Add the gelatine and beat until combined. Pour over the top of the brownie base and chill overnight or until set.
- Sprinkle with extra cacao powder and slice into squares.