Cherry and Coconut Tarts
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
300 g plain flour (2 cups)
50 g Natvia (¼ cup )
150 g unsalted butter, chilled & cubed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoon iced water
225 g pitted cherries (1 cup)
60 g almond meal (½ cup)
80 g desiccated coconut (1 cup)
2 tablespoon Natvia
1 egg, lightly whisked
Egg wash: 1 egg and 1 tbs milk, whisked together
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Combine the flour, Natvia, butter and cinnamon in a food processor and blitz until combined. Add the iced water and process until the dough comes together in a ball. Form into disks and wrap in plastic. Place in the refrigerator and chill for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Roll out the pastry in between 2 sheets of baking paper. Use a large cookie cutter to cut half of the pastry into rounds. Place these rounds in greased cupcake trays.
- Using a star cookie cutter cut the remaining pastry into stars.
- Combine the cherries, almond meal, desiccated coconut, Natvia and egg in a food processor and blitz until combined. Dollop spoonful’s of the filling into the pastry and top with a star
- Brush with the egg wash and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely/
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|