Chocolate Chickpea Cheesecake
IngredientsBase: 1 cup/110g/3.8 oz dates 1 cup/125g/4.2 oz hazelnuts Chocolate Cream: 1 1/2 cups/400g/14 oz cooked chickpeas 2 tbsp/14g/0.4 oz unsweetened cocoa 1 tbsp/20ml/0.7 oz coffee 1/2 cup/125g/4.2 oz yoghurt (vegan if desired) 1/4 cup/45g/1.5 oz Natvia or more to taste To top: 70% dark chocolate, melted, to drizzle (sugar free if desired) Fresh strawberries and other berries
- Using a food processor, place hazelnuts in a food processor and pulse until they have been crushed.
- Add the dates and process until the mixture comes together. Add some water if the mixture is too dry.
- Line your 6 inch cake tin with some baking paper (which will assist removing once done) and press down your base with your hands until it is evenly placed.
- Transfer this cake tin into the freezer to set as you prepare your chocolate cheesecake filling.
- Add your boiled chickpeas into a food processor, process until fine and have a slight purée-like texture.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and pulse until they have all combined well.
- Add this chocolate cream filling over your base and transfer into the freezer again until it sets completely.
- Freeze your cake for 4-5 hours, and allow your cake to thaw 10-15 minutes prior to serving.
- Drizzle with dark chocolate and decorate with fresh berries to top.