Coconut Chick Cupcakes
4 cup shredded coconut
2 cup almond meal
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon baking powder
0.5 teaspoon salt
170 g unsalted butter, softened
0.25 cup melted coconut oil
1.5 cup Natvia
1 grated zest of lemon
3 large eggs
0.66 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
100 g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup powdered Natvia (blend normal Natvia)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
0.25 cup milk (add small splashes only for consistency)
- Preheat oven to 175°C and spread baking paper on a lined baking tray.
- Toast the shredded coconut for 10 mins or until slightly browned. Set aside.
- Beat 170g butter in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup Natvia to the butter and continue to beat together until fluffy. Grate the lemon into the bowl and evenly stir it into the mix.
- Add the vanilla essence and stir. Add 3 eggs whilst continuing to beat the mixture. Add the desiccated coconut, almond meal and buttermilk whilst stirring.
- Prepare a muffin tray with muffin cups and use vegetable oil to spray the muffin cups. Spoon the cupcake mixture into the muffin cups and bake them in the oven for approximately 20 minutes at 175°C or until golden brown.
- Spoon the cupcake mixture into the muffin cups and bake them in the oven for approximately 20 minutes at 175°C or until golden brown. Let the muffins cool on a wire rack for 10 mins.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, beat 100g of unsalted butter in another mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of powdered Natvia to the butter and continue to beat. Regular granulated Natvia will not work for the icing, you must use Natvia icing mix or simply blend regular Natvia in a food processor first.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla essence and stir, whilst also stirring in small drops of milk for consistency. Don't add the entire 1/4 cup of milk, simply add small amounts until the desired icing consistency has been reached.
- Coat the finished cupcakes in the vanilla frosting evenly around the whole surface. Dip and roll the frosted cupcakes in the toasted shredded coconut set aside in step 2. Decorate faces on the coconut chick angry bird cupcakes with goji berries, sultanas, and almonds!