COFFEE CARAMEL MUFFINS
Prep 30 minutes
Cook/Chill 25 minutes baking
100 g Gluten-free flour
100 g Ground almonds
100 g Natvia natural sweetener
2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Baking powder
3 teaspoon Instant coffee granules, plus 2 tablespoons boiling water
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
FOR THE CARAMEL CENTRE:
100 g Dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
2 tablespoon Smooth nut butter
FOR THE FROSTING:
100 g Margarine
50 g Natvia natural sweetener
3 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- First make the muffin mixture: Mix together the flour, ground almonds, Natvia, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl.
- Pour in the dissolved coffee (make sure it’s cooled a little), eggs and vanilla then mix to form a batter.
- Divide between a greased or lined 6-hole muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until risen, firm and golden. Leave to cool.
- Once the dates have softened, place in a blender with 2 tablespoons of the soaking water and nut butter and whizz up until thick and smooth.
- Using a teaspoon, make a small hole in the middle of each muffin then fill with some of the date caramel.
- Beat together the margarine, Natvia and cocoa powder until you have a nice thick buttercream, add into a piping bag and pipe on top of each muffin to cover. Sprinkle over some cacao nibs and enjoy!