Crème Brulee Easter Eggs
- Left over mixture can be poured into ramekins.
- Nutritional information is per Brulee
Serves: Makes 14 Brulee’s
Prep: 20 minutes
600ml Thickened Cream
1 Vanilla Pod, seeds removed from the pod
7 tsp Natvia (1/2 tsp per Brulee)
- Gently remove the tops of the eggs with a serrated knife.
- Separate the yolk from the white and place the yolks into a medium sized bowl with the Natvia. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Clean the egg shells by running them under warm water and carefully drying them. Place the shells back into the egg carton.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream and vanilla seeds and pod to a simmer. Pour the hot cream mixture over the egg yolks and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and return to a low heat. Cook stirring constantly until the custard is thick and coats the back of a spoon (around 5 -8 minutes).
- Strain the mixture through a fine strainer into a jug. Carefully pour the mixture into the eggshells, filling to just below the top of the shell.
- Place into the fridge to set for a minimum of 4 hours (ideally overnight).
- Once you are ready to serve, sprinkle with 1 tsp of Natvia and use a blow torch to caramelise the top until golden.