Flourless Fig and Caramel Walnut Cake
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook/Chill: 45 minutes
250 g Walnut
125 mls Olive Oil
75 g Natvia Gold
2.84 g Cinnamon
1.42 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoon Cornflour
1 teaspoon baking Powder
2 tablespoon Natvia Salty Caramel Toppings
Natvia Salted Caramel Topping
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and pulse to a course meal, set aside.
- Slice the figs into 1cm thick rounds and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine eggs, oil, Natvia Gold, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cornflour. Mix on a medium speed until frothy.
- Add the walnuts and baking powder and mix again until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and smooth the top.
- Gently place the figs overlapping one another around the outer edge of the batter.
- Place into the preheated over for 45 minutes or until a skewer is inserted comes out clean.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to sit in the tin for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and gently brush, Natvia Salty Caramel Sauce over the top while the cake is still warm.
- Serve warm with mascarpone, fresh figs and Natvia Salty Caramel Sauce.