Four Ingredient Soda Scones
Makes 12 large scones
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
560 g gluten free self raising flour, sifted (4 cups)
500 mls cream, +1 tbsp
250 mls soda water
1 teaspoon Natvia
Natvia Raspberry or Strawberry Fruit Spread
Extra flour, for kneading
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the self-raising flour and Natvia. Make a well in the centre and add 300ml of the cream and the soda water.
- Bring the dough together in the bowl and then roll onto a floured surface.
- Knead into a 3cm thick round. Using a round cutter cut scones from the dough and place onto the prepared tray. Once cut mould the dough back into a round and repeat.
- Brush the scones with 1 tablespoon of cream
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Whisk the remaining cream (200ml) to soft peaks
- Once cooked, cut in half and top with Natvia fruit spread and cream