Indian Coconut Cake
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Serves: 8 - 10
Prep: 15 mins + 4 - 12 hours
Cook: 45 minutes
- 125g unsalted butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, firm
- 1-2 tsp rose water
- 1 cup Natvia
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups semolina
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 200ml coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut cream
- Beat the butter, coconut oil and rose water until creamy and light
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Combine the semolina, flour, baking powder, Natvia and salt in a separate bowl. Add a little and beat into the butter and egg mixture until incorporated. Add a little of the coconut milk and beat until incorporated. Repeat until there is not more of the flour or milk left. Add the cocout cream and beat until incorporated.
- Fold in the desiccated coconut.
- Spoon into a greased and lined 20x15cm cake tin. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight. This is a crucial step as the semolina will plump as is absorbs the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 175C and bake for 30-45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool completely before slicing into small squares and serving.