Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats.
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
250 g Unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon Vanilla essense
0.5 cup Natvia
2 cup Self-raising flour
0.5 cup Milk
1 tablespoon Lemon zest
6 tablespoon Lemon juice
0.5 cup Natvia
- Preheat over to 160C. Beat butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and Natvia and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until each is fully incorporated to the batter.
- Sift a small amount of the flour into the batter, beat until combined.
- Add 1/3 of the milk and beat until incorporated. Sift over more of the flour and beat until combined. Continue alternating between the flour and last two thirds of remaining milk.
- Add the lemon zest and beat until just combined. Pour into a 25cm cake loaf tin.
- BAKE for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let stand in the tin for 10 minutes. Poke holes in the cake with a skewer.
- Make the glaze by heating the lemon juice and Natvia in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the Natvia has dissolved and the mixture starts to bubble. Let the mixture bubble for 30 seconds and then remove from heat. Sift over 1 tbs cornflour and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the glaze evenly over the cake before removing to a wire rack to cool.