Natvia Hot Cross Buns with Nuttvia Filling
Prep: 25 minutes + 45 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 500g bread flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- mixed spice
- ½ cup Natvia
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 50g butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 x 7g sachet yeast
- 200ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1-2 tbs vegetable oil
- Combine the milk with the yeast and stand stand for 5 minutes until bubbles start to appear.
- Combine the flour, spices, NAtvia, desiccated coconut and butter in a food processor. Pulse until combined and looks like coarse breadcrumbs. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs into the milk and then pour over the dough mix. Using a butter knife, stir to combine. Stand for 5-10 minutes
- Cut the dough with a butter knife into 6-8 pieces and then roll into a roll. Place spaced evenly on a baking tray, cover and stand for 45 minutes.
- Combine the flour and water and place into a piping bag. Pipe a cross on top of each. Bake for 12 minutes, brush with the oil and bake for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Once they have cooled fill a piping bag with Nuttvia. Make an incision in the side of a hot cross bun and pipe in some Nuttvia. Continue until you have filled them all.