Nectarine Frangipane Tart
- Nutritional information is per slice, dusted with blitzed Natvia
Prep: 1 hour
Cook/Chill: 35 minutes
250g Gluten Free Plain Flour
125g Salted Butter
150g Salted Butter, diced, at room temperature
150g Natvia Gold
2 tsp Vanilla
1 Orange, zested
150ml Orange Juice, freshly squeezed
½ tsp Cinnamon
100g Gluten Free Plain Flour
225g Almond Meal
Natvia, blitzed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170C (fan-forced).
- For the tart base, place the butter and flour in a food processor and blitz until crumbs form. Add the egg and blitz again until the dough comes together. Remove the dough from the food processor and mould into a flat disk. Wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, place butter and Natvia Gold In a stand mixer and mix on a medium speed until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time beating between additions. Add the vanilla, orange zest, orange juice, cinnamon, flour and almond meal. Mix again until well combined.
- Remove the pastry from the refrigerator and place between two pieces of glad wrap. Roll the dough to 5mm thick.
- Carefully place the rolled dough into a rectangle tart tin (30cm x 10cm). Trim the edges and dock the base of the pastry. Place the uncooked base in the refrigerator.
- Cut the nectarines in half and slice so they are roughly 5mm thick. Set aside.
- Remove the base from the fridge and pour the frangipane mixture into the uncooked base. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the top of the tart.
- Lay the sliced nectarines down the centre of the tart and place in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- The tart will be cooked when the pastry is golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- Serve at room temperature, dusted with blitzed Natvia