Spelt Banoffee Muffins
Servings 6-8 muffins
IngredientsMuffin: 1 cup/150g/5.2 oz spelt flour or regular or wholewheat 2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda pinch salt 2 ripe bananas 2 1/4 tbsp/45ml oil 2 1/4 tbsp/45ml almond milk 1/8 cup/25g/0.8 oz Natvia Toffee Filling: 1/2 cup/80g/2.8 oz dates 3/4 cup/200ml/7 oz almond milk 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Blend the dates and almond milk in a high speed blender.
- Pour into a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Allow the mixture to cook down gently until it’s really thick and barely pours.
- Mix together the dry muffin ingredients in a bowl.
- Mash the bananas and mix together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases (or improvise using greaseproof paper like I did for a more rustic look).
- Add 1 heaped tbsp of muffin mix to each case.
- Add 1 tsp “toffee” to the centre of each.
- Top with another heaped tbsp of muffin mix to seal it in.
- Bake for around 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool then either top with banana slices or more toffee.