Sticky Date Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce
Prep 30 minutes
Cook 55 minutes
250 g Pitted Dates, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
375 mls Boiling Water (1 1/2 cups)
125 g Unsalted Butter, softened
149 g Natvia Gold (3/4 cup)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
260 g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
149 g Natvia Gold
300 mls Thickened Cream
0.5 teaspoon Vanilla
60 g Butter
Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 160C (fan-forced). Grease and line a 20cm by 20cm cake tin.
- Place the dates, bicarb soda and hot water in a bowl and set aside for 20 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, on medium speed beat the butter, Natvia and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time and continue to beat for a further minute.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir through the flour and date mixture.
- Once combined, pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 50-55 minutes. It is ready when a skewer is inserted comes out clean.
- Once cooked leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
- To make the sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Serve over the warm pudding.