Sugar Free Coconut Rough
Makes 12 bars
1.5 cup desiccated coconut lightly toasted
0.75 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
0.5 cup raw cacao
0.25 cup Natvia natural sweetener
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
0 pinches sea salt
0.5 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional flavour variation)
- Lightly dry toast the desiccated coconut in a hot pan on the stove, until just golden.
- Then, using your food process, blend the coconut with the coconut flour, cacao, Natvia and a pinch of sea salt until combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil, vanilla and any other extract you are using to the processor and process until thoroughly combined.
- Line a baking dish with baking paper. Use a spatula to scoop the wet mixture into the lined dish. Ensure it is not more than 1-2 cm deep. Sprinkle the top with the second pinch of sea salt and extra desiccated coconut for decoration, if you like.
- Cover with a tea towel or tin-foil and place in the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, remove, allow to stand for 10 minutes, and slice into bars or squares.