You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 500g tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed in their skins
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Natvia
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- On a lined oven tray, combine your tomatoes, garlic cloves and basil leaves with 1 tbs of olive oil and a sprinkling of salt . Bake for 10-15 minutes. Discard the basil leaves and squeeze the garlic out of their skins.
- Bring a medium sized saucepan to medium high heat. Cook the onion with the remaining olive oil. When softened add the baked tomato and garlic and stock. Bring to boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place in a food processor with the Natvia. Process until smooth. Pour back into the saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Crack 4 eggs into the pot, place the lid on and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve the soup with an egg, a few basil leaves, cracked pepper and crusty bread.