Vegan Carrot Cheesecake
180 g LSA (1 cup)
40 g desiccated coconut (½ cup)
55 g vegan Margarine, melted (¼ cup)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
0.5 teaspoon nutmeg
300 g silken tofu
150 g cashews (1 cup)
60 g coconut cream (¼ cup)
90 g Natvia (½ cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
juice of 1 lemon
25 g grated carrot (½ cup)
Coconut cream, firm
1 tablespoon Natvia
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Combine the cashews with hot water and set aside for 1 hour. Drain and wash. Drain the tofu of water and set aside.
- To make the base combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Line your loose-bottomed cheesecake tin and press in the base. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool
- Reduce oven to 160C
- Combine the tofu, cashews, Natvia, coconut cream, vanilla and lemon juice and ¾ of the grated carrot in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the remaining carrot and the cinnamon. Pulse briefly. Pour a top the cheesecake base. Knock on the bench top to remove bubbles and then bake for 40 minutes, until the top is firm and the middle does not wobble.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cake in the oven for 1 hour with the door open, until cooled. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Whip together the coconut cream, Natvia and lemon juice and spread a top the cheesecake, Sprinkle with the toppings
- Slice with a hot knife and serve.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|