- Nutritional information is per slice with no toppings
Prep: 1 hour 40 minutes
Cook/Chill: 30 minutes
310 mls Warm Water (1 1/4 cups)
1 teaspoon Natvia
2 teaspoon Dried Yeast
450 g Plain Flour, plus extra for kneading
1 teaspoon Salt, plus extra for the top of the focaccia
80 mls Olive Oil (1/3 cup)
Topping ideas: Olives, Herbs, Vegetables such as onion, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, spring onions, garlic, coriander, parsley and mushroom
- In a bowl, combine the yeast, Natvia, oil and water. Stir and set aside in a warm area for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture. Using our hands bring the dough together (it will be quite a wet mixture).
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a few minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Place the dough into a bowl and cover with a tea towel. Set aside in a warm area to prove for an hour or until doubled in size
- 5Preheat oven to 200C and line a rectangle baking tray with paper.
- Knead the dough again and then using a rolling pin roll the dough out to the size of the baking tray, set aside for 10 minutes
- Use the vegetable and herb ingredients to create a pattern of choice ensuring to push the ingredients into the dough so they don’t pop out when cooking.
- Finally, drizzle with olive oil and top with extra salt. Place in the oven for 10 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180C and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature.