Vegan Millionaire's Shortbread
Servings 1 baking tin
IngredientsBase: 2 cups/240g/8 oz Oat flour 2/3 cup/160g/5.6 oz Almond butter 1/3 cup/60g/2 oz Natvia Caramel: 1 cup/110g/3.8 oz Dates 1 cup/250ml/8.4 oz Boiling water 1 1/2 tbsp/30g/1 oz Cashew butter 1/2-1 tsp salted caramel flavoring optional, but delicious Chocolate: 1/2 cup/125ml Coconut oil 1/2 cup/45g/1.5 oz Cocoa Powder 1/2 cup/90g/3 oz Natvia
- Blend together oat flour, almond butter + stevia until combined but crumbly. If too dry, add more flour. If too sticky, add more flour.
- Soak dates in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Blend with cashew butter + caramel flavouring until completely smooth.
- Pour caramel into a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat, stirring continuously. Simmer for 5 mins, take off heat and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil over low heat. Add stevia + cacao powder until combined and smooth. Continue heating until stevia granules have melted.
- Assemble bars. Firmly press base mixture into a lined baking tin. Pour caramel over base and spread out evenly. Pour over chocolate sauce.
- Place in freezer until completely set. Store in either fridge or freezer (preferably freezer because it goes all crunchy and intensifies the addictiveness. Be warned.)