Recipe by Pamela Higgins
Delicious muffins in under an hour! With fresh blueberry, lime, and coconut flavours, these muffins are a total hit!
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
For the muffins –
- 100g oat flour
- 75g ground almonds
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 150ml coconut milk
- 100g Natvia natural sweetener
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed + 4 tablespoons water
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 100g blueberries
For coconut topping –
- 200g cream cheese or coconut yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Natvia natural sweetener
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Granola, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 6-hole muffin tin.
- Mix together the flour, ground almonds, coconut and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Place the coconut oil, coconut milk and Natvia in a pan and heat up to allow the sugar to bubble for a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the flaxseed and water and leave to stand for 10 minutes then stir this into the coconut mixture.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and fold in ¾ of the lime juice and zest and blueberries. Spoon between the muffin tins to fill the top then bake for 20 minutes until risen. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile beat together the cream cheese/coconut yogurt, Natvia, coconut, vanilla and the remaining lime zest and juice and chill in the fridge until needed.
- When the muffins have cooled, spoon over some of the frosting on top and decorate each one with blueberries and granola. Enjoy!
No nutritional info supplied
You may also like...
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection