Bringing Back the Greats!
Off the top of your head how many classic desserts can you think off? Chocolate cake, tick! Pavlova, tick! A good, fluffy sponge, TICK!
Nothing beats a classic, that’s why they’re classics! They’re just so good they’ve stood the test of time, managing to satisfy the taste buds of millions.
Some classics, however, are more nuanced and are different for each of us. Mum’s mint slice for example or her spontaneous chocolate ripples have always been a family classic. And just like a chocolate ripple, classics don’t need to be difficult to make. They don’t require a trained culinary eye or an ambiguous statement ingredient. The only thing a classic dessert needs is to taste amazing and to keep tasting amazing.
Here at Natvia, we celebrate desserts of all shapes and sizes, so long as they’re sugar-free of course! With so many recipes over the years, we’ve decided to bring back some of our own classics.
From our delicious single serve molten cake to our sugar-free lemon icing creation, these desserts made a tasty impression on all of us and we’re so excited to bring them back!
Until May 26, we’ll be sharing our Natvia classics over on our Facebook page. Stay updated and vote at the end of each week on our Facebook poll every Friday.
The more you vote the more chances you have of WINNING a surprise Natvia goodie box.
To start things off, here are our first 4 Natvia Classics. Rediscover these recipes with us and be inspired for your next baking day (which there are a lot of at Natvia HQ).
Remember to head over to our Facebook page to vote for your favourites!
And with no further ado…
Refined Sugar-free Mango Cheesecake
First up is our delicious refined-sugar-free Mango and Coconut Cheesecake. It’s not just super easy to make but it’s also the perfect reward for a hard day’s work
- 2 dates
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup nuts
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut,
- 1-2 tbsp water, pinch of himalayan salt.
- 1 mango, 1 tbsp Natvia
- juice from 1 lemon,
- 2/3 cup coconut cream,
- 1/2 cup pre-soaked cashews,
- 1 tbsp coconut oil,
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Base – pulse the ingredients until well mixed, add a little water as required to achieve a sticky batter.
- Press into silicon muffin tins (6) and place in freezer.
- Filling – blend the cashews and coconut cream until smooth and creamy, add the coconut oil, vanilla, mango, lemon juice and Natvia and pulse until smooth. If you like a sweet cake you may wish to add more Natvia.
- Pour into muffin moulds over base and return to freezer to set for a minimum of 4 hours. Remove from freezer and serve at room temperature!
Orange Pistachio Cake
Our second Natvia Classic recipe is this beautiful refined-sugar-free Orange Pistachio Cake. This is PERFECT for an afternoon treat and is a great dish to take over to friends and indulge, so why not?
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or vegan butter
- 3/4 cup Natvia
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 plain flour or replace with whole meal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 orange juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup pistachio chopped finely
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- dry or fresh apricot
- Preheat oven to 175C and grease a cake pan
- Cream butter until light and fluffy
- Add the Natvia and beat into the butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then add flour, baking powder, cornmeal, yoghurt, orange zest and juice. Mix until well combined
- Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Dress with pistachio and apricot or orange slices/rind.
Sugar-free Cake with Lemon Icing
Our third Natvia Classic recipe is this super delicious, super sugar-free, lemon icing cake! You can’t fo wrong with lemon icing, it’s always a winner! This classic doesn’t take long at all to make, so what are you waiting for!!
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup Natvia
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Lemon Icing
- 1 cup Natvia Icing Mix
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and Natvia. Whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla, continue until the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Preheat oven to 180C, bake for 25-35 minutes until the skewer comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before icing.
For the Lemon Icing
- Combine Natvia Icing Mix and lemon juice in a small bowl.
Single-Serve Molten Pudding
Sometimes dessert for one is just what the doctor ordered! This single-serve Molten Pudding is the ultimate way to indulge at the end of a work week, it’s also sort of (IS!) the perfect weekend treat. Sure to leave a smile (and some chocolate) on your face, this is a definte winner!
- 1/4 cup LSA
- 1 tbsp choc protein
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp coconut/almond milk
- 1 tbsp Natvia
- 1-2 tbsp cacao
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- spices of choice eg cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, vanilla etc.
- Whisk it all together & then pour 3/4 of the batter into a coco oil greased ramekin.
- Drop 1 heaped tsp of almond butter in the middle & then top with the rest of the batter Sprinkle cacao nibs on top for decoration
- Bake on 180 celsius for 13 mins
Now that’s you’ve taken the time to indulge in all of this weeks Natvia Classics, jump over to our Facebook page and vote for your favourite dessert to go into the draw to win a surprise goodiebox! Happy Baking!