You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
1/4 cup/60 g Unsalted butter
1/2 cup/50 g Unsweetened cacao powder
5 ea. Egg whites
5 ea. Egg yolks
1 cup/175 g Natvia
1 tsp/2 g Vanilla bean paste
3/4 cup/185 g Cream (35% fat)
2 3/4 cup/250 g Hazelnut meal, sifted
Natvia, extra for icing or dusting
Unsweetened cacao powder, extra chocolate curls
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Line a 22cm loose-bottomed cake tin with silicone paper on the base and sides. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and add the cacao powder, mixing well until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the egg whites and salt in the bowl of a mixer and whisk just until they start to reach the firm peak stage.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks, Natvia, and vanilla. Whisk until the sweetener is dissolved and the mixture is pale and gains volume.
- Add the cocoa and butter mixture to the cream and add to the egg yolk mixture, along with the sifted hazelnut meal.
- Gently fold together until well combined. Do not beat the mixture.
- Finally, fold through the egg whites, taking care not to deflate the mixture too much, until no streaks remain.
- Transfer to the prepared cake tin and bake at 180℃ for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out relatively clean with no uncooked batter.
- Do not over bake the cake.
- Let cool on a wire rack before turning out to decorate.
We love feedback
So comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can't wait to hear what you think!
No nutritional info supplied
You may also like...
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection