How could you not want to indulge in a slice of our Chocolate Sponge Cake? Made with ZERO added sugars, this is our go-to chocolate fix! Find more of our delicious chocolate recipes here!
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
- Serves: 12
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Natvia
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, light tasting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 0.75 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 0.67 cup thickened cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Beat eggs and Natvia for 8-10 minutes, until light and fluffy. Beat in the olive oil and vanilla.
- Sift over the flour, cacao powder and sprinkle in the salt. Fold in with a spatula until combined.
- Pour into a greased and lined 20cm cake tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and stand to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Heat the cream in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan simmering with water. Add the chocolate and stir until melted and combined. Remove form heat and stir. Stand until thickened.
- Dollop the ganache over the cake once cooled and sprinkle with extra cacao powder
You may also like...
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection