You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
165g plain flour
25g almond meal
120g unsalted butter, cubed
1 whole egg
700ml milk (full cream)
5 whole eggs
Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Combine plain flour and almond meal with the cubed butter. Mix by hand until the mixture resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add Natvia to the flour mix followed by the egg. Bring it to form a soft dough.
- Flatten and form the dough on floured flat surface, wrap in cling wrap/glad wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry to 3-4 mm thickness, also flour the surface and add flour to prevent sticking.
- Use cutter or knife to score the pastry to 11cm wide thickness, or depending on your tray size.
- For the filling, mix together egg and Natvia.
- Warm the milk on medium heat, and pour into the egg mix gradually. Lightly whisk until well combined.
- Pour the custard filling into the tart case.
- Add a pinch of ground nutmeg on top of each tart.
- Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven at 180C.
- Cool in the tray for 30 minutes before taking the tart out.
WATCH THE VIDEO
We love feedback
So comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can't wait to hear what you think!
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection