This traditional English dessert is oozing with deliciousness. Merengue, cream, and strawberries, this one ticks all the boxes!
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
- Serves: 12
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 1 1/2 hours
- 5 egg whites
- 1-2 tsp egg white powder
- 6 Tbsp Natvia, food processor
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
Strawberries and cream
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup Natvia
- 200g strawberries, sliced
- 600ml thickened cream
- Create the merengue:
- Preheat the oven to 110C. Place rack on the lowest.
- Place the Natvia in a food processor and blitz until powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer Beat together the egg white and egg white powder until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the Natvia and remaining ingredients until the mixture becomes glossy and stiff peaks form
- Bake in the oven on the bottom shelf for 1 hour and 15 -20 minutes. Leave in the oven with the door open to cool completely.
- Create the topping:
- Combine the raspberries with the remaining Natvia and place in a blender. Blitz until smooth. Toss with the sliced strawberries.
- Whip cream until peaks form
- Layer the merengue, strawberries and cream in a large glass bowl or in small individual jars. Top with crumbled merengue.
No nutritional info supplied
You may also like...
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection