Giant Jaffa Orange Cake
Jaffa fan? Chocolate fan? Orange Cake fan? This recipe is for you.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
- 4 Juice of 4 oranges (save the zest for the cake)
- 80 g Natvia
- 1 sachet powdered gelatine (12g)
- 250 g butter, softened
- 1 cup Natvia
- 4 large eggs
- 100 g natural yoghurt
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Juice of 1 orange
- 4 Zest of 4 oranges
- 300 mls cream
- 200 g sugar free milk chocolate, chopped
- 100 g sugar free dark chocolate, chopped
For the orange jelly
Juice of 4 oranges (save the zest for the cake)
1 sachet powdered gelatine (12g)
For the cake
250g butter, softened
1 cup (230g) Natvia
4 large eggs
100g natural yoghurt
2 cups (300g) plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
Juice of 1 orange
Zest of 4 oranges
For the ganache
200g sugar free milk chocolate, chopped
100g sugar free dark chocolate, chopped
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin and line with cling film.
- Add Natvia and orange juice to a saucepan over low heat and dissolve.
- Separately, mix the gelatine with 125ml boiling water until it dissolves.
- Add the gelatine to the orange juice and pour mixture into the lined cake tin. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160C and grease and line a round cake tin.
- Beat together butter and Natvia until light and fluffy.
- Add the remaining cake ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and smooth the top. Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until hot.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl and pour the cream over it.
- Stir well until you have a smooth ganache. Allow to cool at room temperature.
- Trim the top of the cooled cake to give a flat surface.
- Flip the orange jelly out of its tin onto the top of the cake.
- Smooth the ganache over the top of the cake. Decorate with orange zest and serve.
WATCH THE VIDEO
We love feedback
So comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can't wait to hear what you think!
No nutritional info supplied
You may also like...
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection