Merengues are a Christmas favourite and now more people can enjoy them because these merengues are vegan and gluten-free!
Find all of our Christmas recipes here!
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
- Serves: 30
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 2 and a half hours.
¾ cup aquafaba (water from tinned chickpeas, drained)
¼ tsp xanthum gum
1 tsp white vinegar
1 cup Natvia, blitzed in a food processor until fine
- Preheat the oven to 90C
- Place the aquafaba in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip for about 5-8 minutes. Continue to whip, adding the xanthum gum and vinegar. Whip for a further 5 minutes or so, until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the Natvia until combined.
- Place into a piping bag and pipe small rounds in any shape you choose onto 2 x baking paper lined trays. Add a little food dye drizzled into the piping bag if you want to add colour.
- Bake on the bottom shelves for 2 ½ hours. Turn off the heat and leave in the oven with the door closed, overnight.
- Serve with fresh berries and cream.
No nutritional info supplied
You may also like...
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection