Recipe by A Clean Bake
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 20 Minutes
- Cook: 20-25 Minutes
For the Cake:
- 4 each Eggs
- 1/4 cup/60g mild flavored oil
- 3 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60ml/2 oz Almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp/10g Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup/90g Natvia
- 1 1/2 cup/135g blanched almond flour
For the Frosting:
- 2 each large avocado skin and pit discarded
- 1 cup/180g sugar-free Chocolate chips melted
- pinch salt
- For Cake: Preheat the oven to 180C. Liberally grease or spray two 6" round cake pans and set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer fitted with the beater attachments to beat the eggs until frothy. Beat in the oil, then add the vanilla, vinegar and milk and mix until combined.
- Add the salt, baking powder and tapioca flour and mix until combined.
- Mix in the granulated sweetener, then add the almond flour and beat until the batter is smooth and no lumps remain.
- Divide the batter between the two prepared baking pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops of the cakes are lightly golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pans for 10-15 minutes or until the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For Topping: In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the "s" blade, pulse the fruit of the avocado a few times to chop.
- Add the chocolate chips and puree until smooth.
- Taste and add a pinch of salt if the flavor is too flat. Ice cake once the cake is completely cool.
No nutritional info supplied
You may also like...
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection