Super quick and easy pastry cream for any occasion! Can be used as a filling for a number of cakes, tarts or pastries.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
- Serves: 2.5
- Preparation: 5 minutes
- Cook: 15-20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups/375ml/12.5 oz Milk of choice I used almond milk
- 2 tbsp + 3 tsp/28g/1 oz corn starch/flour gluten free if desired
- 2 each Eggs
- 1/3 cup/56g/2 oz Natvia
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
Note: Make sure to keep pastry cream refrigerated at all times.
- Mix 1/3 of the Milk to the cornstarch and mix together.
- Add the eggs and mix until fully whisked together.
- Add the remaining cup of milk to a small saucepan along with the Natvia and heat over medium heat until scalding hot.
- Whisk in the egg mixture and continually whisk until it thickens and if you stop whisking for a second it will boil (it will just be one or two bubbles).
- Take off heat, add the vanilla and salt and mix until combined.
- Pour into a bowl and place a piece of saran/plastic wrap directly on top of the pastry cream. This will keep it from creating a skin.
- Place into refrigerator and allow to cool completely before serving or using in any other dessert.
No nutritional info supplied
You may also like...
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection