This recipe may just be one of our most delightful! This absolutely divine Raspberry Layer Cake isn’t just clear of all refined sugars, it’s creamy texture and raspberry infused outer layer ensure this cake isn’t just super colourful but super tasty too!
This Raspberry Layer Cake is great for entertaining! So invite your favourite friends and family over and bond over a nice cuppa and a slice of Raspberry Layer Cake!
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
Grease two round 18x20cm cake tins and line with baking paper.
Beat the butter and Natvia for 3-5 minutes until combined. Continue to beat while adding the vanilla essence and then beat in the eggs gradually one at a time.
Sift over the flour and then fold to combine with a metal spoon.
Divide half of the batter between the lined tins and spread evenly, using the flat of the spoon to smooth the top.
5. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean and then repeat with the remaining batter.
6. Let the sponges cool for at least 2 hours on a wire rack.
7. While the sponges are cooling make the butter cream. Pour the raspberries and vanilla essence into a small saucepan and bring to medium heat, simmer until reduced and then scoop out and cool in the fridge.
8. Beat the butter with the Natvia until combined. Add the raspberry mixture and the lemon zest and beat until combined and smooth.
9. Whip the cream.
10. Working with one cake round at a time, spread some buttercream around the edges to create a damn, dipping in a glass of hot water to help smooth the icing. Dollop and spread on some fresh cream, scatter over some raspberries and then place the second cake round on top, squishing down gently. Repeat with the next 2 layers and then leave the top layer bare. Ensure this layer is flipped upside down so that the flat bottom is on top. Starting from the top smooth the butter cream over the cake with a spatula, dipping in a glass of hot water to help smooth the icing.
Decorate the cake with extra raspberries and some desiccated coconut.
WATCH THE VIDEO
We love feedback!
So comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us.