This recipe is part of our Mother’s Day collection.
Served warm and fresh, this Mother’s Day Spiced Coffee and Cream Sponge is an absolute delight that you can enjoy with mum on her special day. Enjoy this treat with Mother’s Day Earl Grey Latte
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
- Serves: 6 - 8
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 Natvia
- 4 eggs
- 250g butter, melted
- 250ml thickened cream
- 1 tbsp Natvia
- 1 – 2 tsp instant coffee
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- To make the base, sift into a bowl, self-raising flour, baking powder, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- Add in Natvia, eggs, and melted butter. Mix until combined. Line two round baking trays and split the mixture between the two trays. One half for the base of the cake, the other for the top.
- Bake at 180C for 15 - 20 minutes.
- To make the cream filling add to a bowl the thicken cream, Natvia, and instant coffee. Mix together with electric mixer.
- On the base of the cake, add most of the cream filling. Then, add the top of the cake before adding another layer of cream filling to the top of the dish.
- Garnish with cinnamon and serve.
No nutritional info supplied
You may also like...
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection