- 1 1/4 cup/310ml/10.3oz Milk warmed
- 16g/0.5 oz dried yeast
- 1/3 cup/60g/2oz stevia sweetener plus 4 tsp for the glaze
- 4 cups/600g/1 lb 5 oz Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup/60g/3 oz Butter
- 1/2 cup/90g/3oz Dried Cranberries
- 3/4 cup/135g/4.7 oz Sultanas
- 2 ea Eggs
- 1/3 cup/50g/1.7 oz Self-raising flour
- Whisk the milk, Natvia and yeast in a bowl until combined and leave to cool. Sift plain flour, cinnamon, all spice and salt into a large bowl. Rub in the butter using your fingertips.
- Stir in the sultanas, cranberries, eggs and yeast mixture. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 minute. Put the dough in large greased bowl and cover. Leave it in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Punch down and knead the dough until smooth. Shape into 12 balls. Put into 30cm x 20cm greased baking tray and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine self-raising flour and 60ml of water. Pipe crosses onto the buns. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Make glaze by placing 40ml and Natvia into a small saucepan and heating over a low heat until the Natvia has dissolved. Brush glaze over the warm hot cross buns.
No nutritional info supplied
You may also like...
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection