The orange flavour and the delicious taste of chocolate make a perfect combination in this rich cheesecake which has another great advantage: it is sugar free and also gluten free. Enjoy!
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
For the crust
1 1/2 cup almonds (processed to crumbs)
80g butter, melted
2 tbsp Natvia
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling
800 g cream cheese
200 g heavy cream
200 g Natvia
3 whole eggs + 1 yolk
50 g sugar free dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Line the bottom of a springform cake tin with detachable walls with parchment paper.
- Place all the ingredients for the crust in a food processor and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the content to the tin and use your hands to evenly distribute the crust. Also come up on walls with a little bit of mixture.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Take it off and set aside to cool. Increase the oven temperature to 450F.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cream cheese with the sweetener until smooth.
- Add the eggs and yolk one by one and mix after each addition.
- Stir in the zest from the two oranges. Cut one orange in halves and juice one half. Pour the juice into the cheese mixture.
- Also add the heavy cream and stir well.
- Pour the filling over the chilled crust and slam the baking tin on the working surface so that any air bubble will be eliminated.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 220C, and then decrease the heat to 160C. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are just set.
- Let the cheesecake cool down in the oven, and then place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Grate the chocolate over the cake before serving.
We love feedback
So comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can't wait to hear what you think!
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection