Recipe by SpamellaB
This triple chocolate layered cake squares is a simple and warming treat!
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and moreover on our Youtube at Healthy Treats.
- Serves: 10-12
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 45 minutes
- 2 chunks of cooked beetroot
- 150 mls almond milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 g oat flour
- 50 g almonds or hazelnuts
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 80 g Natvia
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- For the filling:
- 100 g cream cheese or fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Natvia
- For the chocolate drizzle:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 50 sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a loaf tin
- Make the chocolate cake part - Place the beetroot in a blender along with the almond milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla and whizz up until smooth.
- Add the oat flour, ground almonds or hazelnuts, cacao/cocoa powder, Natvia, flaxseeds, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and either blend again or mix in well to form a chocolate batter.
- Spoon this into your prepared tin, smooth out evenly and bake for 45 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile beat together the chocolate filling ingredients and keep in the fridge until needed.
- Once the loaf has cooled, turn out onto a chopping board and slice down the middle - then cut each half into 4 squares/rectangles then slice each piece horizontally across the middle.
- Spoon some of the chocolate filling on top of each base then arrange the other slice on top to sandwich together. Repeat.
- Now melt the coconut oil and dark chocolate then drizzle over each piece - now you’re ready to serve!
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|
You may also like...
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection