This Vegan Orange Coconut Poppyseed Cake recipe is made completely without sugar. Yep, sugar-free.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
2 tbsp Flax Seed Meal
6 tbsp non dairy milk (probably bit extra at your own discretion)
1 cup Almond Flour
1/3 Cup Natvia
1/4 Cup Arrowroot Starch
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
3 tbsp Poppy Seeds
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
Zest 1 Orange
Juice 1 Orange
1/4 tsp Almond Extract
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
100g Vegan Butter
1 Cup Natvia
Zest half an orange
- Add 2 tbsp flax seed meal to a mixing bowl.
- Pour 6 tbsp non dairy milk (almond milk preferably) into the flax seed mix and whisk together with a fork. Set aside.
- In another new and dry mixing bowl, add 1 cup almond flour, 1/3 cup Natvia, 1/4 cup arrowroot starch, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 baking soda, 3 tbsp poppy seeds, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir the dry mixture and set aside.
- In the first bowl with flax seed, add 1/4 cup melted coconut oil and whisk the mixture.
- Zest 1 orange into the same bowl, and juice 1 orange and add the juice to the same bowl.
- Add 1/4 tsp Almond Extract, and 1 tsp Vanilla Extract and continue to whisk the mixture.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and continue to stir together.
- Once evenly mixed, spread the cake mix into a lined baking tray and bake for 30 mins at 175°C.
- Cream 100g Vegan Butter.
- Add 1 cup Natvia and continue to cream.
- Zest half an orange into the mix and stir until combined.
- Spread frosting over cake after out of the oven!
WATCH THE VIDEO
We love feedback
So comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can't wait to hear what you think!
Use of this site constitutes acceptance
Create your new collection