¾ cup (175mL) soy milk or preferred non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
½ cup (60g) pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / 428°F and line and grease a 12-tin muffin tray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and Natvia.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed banana, melted coconut oil, soy milk, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of the dry ingredients and gently fold through until it’s fully combined. Add in the chopped nuts and fold through.
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins, filling all the way to the top. Sprinkle with extra chopped nuts if desired. Bake at 200°C for 5 minutes, then with the oven door closed, reduce the temperature to 190°C / 375°F and continue baking for another 15-18 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven, leave to cool in the tray for 5 minutes before cooling completely on a cooling rack.