Mixed Berry and Ricotta Tart
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep + Cook: 1 hour 15 minutes (+ refrigeration)
225 g plain flour (1 1/2 cups)
75 g chilled coconut oil (1/3 cup)
2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted lightly
80 mls iced water (1/3 cup)
500 g soft ricotta cheese
95 g Greek-style yoghurt (1/3 cup)
65 g Natvia (1/3 cup )
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon grind
2 teaspoon Natvia, extra
200 g strawberries
125 g blueberries
125 g raspberries
- Process flour, coconut oil and sesame seeds until combined. With the motor operating, pour in enough of the water until mixture jut comes together. Knead dough lightly on a floured surface until smooth. Shape pastry into a disc; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grease a 24cm (9 1/2in) round loose-based fluted tart tin. Grate chilled pastry into tin; press ver base and side. Prick base all over with a fork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place tart tin on an oven tray. line pastry with baking paperl fill with fried beans or rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake for a further 15 minutes or until browned lightly and crisp. Remove from oven leave tart shell to cool.
- Reduce oven to 180C
- Meanwhile, process ricotta, yoghurt, Natvia, eggs and rind until smooth. Pour ricotta mixture into tart shell.
- Bake tart for 35 minutes or until filling is just set. Cool. Refrigerate until cold.
- Blend extra Natvia in a spice grinder until the consistency of icing sugar.
- Slice or half strawberries. Just before serving, top tart with berries and dust with powdered Natvia.