Peach Melba Cakes
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep + Cook: 1 hour (+ cooling)
120 g butter, softened
95 g Natvia (1/2 cup)
150 g self-raising flour (1 cup)
2 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla bean, split lengthways, seeds scraped
2 tablespoon vanilla extract
180 g thickened cream (3/4 cup )
300 g peaches, sliced (2 medium peaches)
1.5 g flaked almonds, toasted
50 g frozen raspberries (1 cup)
2 tablespoon Natvia
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease six 1-cup (250ml) glass jars.
- Beat butter, Natvia, eggs, sifted flour, milk, vanilla seeds and extract in a a small bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are combined. Increase speed to medium; beat until mixture has change to a paler colour. Spoon 1/2 up of mixture into each jar.
- Place jars in a large baking dish. Pour boiling water into dish until water comes halfway up the sides of the jars.
- Bake cakes for 40 minutes or until golden and cakes spring back when pressed lightly with you finger. Remove jars from dish; cool cakes in jars.
- Meanwhile, make raspberry sauce*
- Beat cream in a small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Top cooled cakes evenly with raspberry sauce, cream, peach slices and almonds.
- *Raspberry Sauce: Stir raspberries and Natvia in a small saucepan over low heat for 2 minutes or until Natvia dissolves. Increase heat to medium; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until raspberries start to break down and sauce thickens. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cold.