Recipe by Andrea from @eatnik0nlineHomemade chai tiramisu! Layers of chai-soaked ladyfingers, mascarpone cream, and cocoa chai spice. Recipe from the Christmas 2019 SugarFree Living Magazine, want more? Find out more at SugarFree Living.
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and moreover on our Youtube at Healthy Treats.
Prep: 1 hour
Chill: 1 hour
250 g Butter (1 cup)
90 g Natvia (1/2 cup)
4 Large Eggs, at room temperature
350 g Self-Raising Flour (2 1/3 cups)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
190 g Milk (¾ cup)
Chai Tea Concentrate:
750 mls Water (3 cups)
5 Cardamom Pods
1 Cinnamon Stick
2 cm Nob of Ginger
0.5 Whole Nutmeg
1 Black Teabag
50 g Natvia (1/4 cup)
500 g Mascarpone
200 mls Thickened Cream
65 g Natvia (1/3 cup)
60 g Spiced Rum (¼ cup)
Mixed spice, for dusting
- For the sponge: Preheat oven to 190C . Prepare a large baking tin and line with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugar into a bowl and cream using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating in between.
- Slow down mixture to a low speed and add in flour and vanilla. Once well incorporated, add in milk and mix until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and place into the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from tin on to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing into soldiers.
- For the chai concentrate: Place all ingredients into a pot. Bring to a boil. Heat for 10 minutes before removing from the heat and straining. Allow to cool in the fridge.
- For the mascarpone: whisk all ingredients with an electric beater until soft peaks form.
- To assemble: dip sponge soldiers into chai concentrate and layer in a large shallow baking dish. Top with half of the mascarpone cream. Repeat with remaining sponge and mascarpone.
- Dust liberally with mixed spice. Place into the fridge for one hour or overnight. Serve chilled.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|