Double Choc Heart Cookies
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup Natvia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¾ cups plain all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tbs cornflour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tbs cacao powder
- 1 tsp Natvia
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Sea salt flakes
- Pistachios, chopped
- Hazelnuts, chopped
- Line two 20x30cm cookie sheets with baking paper
- Beat the butter, Natvia and vanilla essence in a bowl of an electric mixer until combined.
- Sift in the flour, cacao powder and cornflour and add the salt, before stirring to combine using a spatula.
- Lightly flour the bench top and turn out the dough. Knead gently until it becomes smooth. If the dough is too dry, add a few drops of water as needed.
- Form the dough into a ball and then roll out with a rolling pin to approximately 2cm thickness.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut and carefully place onto the baking paper lined cookie sheets. Cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (160C) until the edges start to become golden.
- Let cool on the tray for about 1 minute before carefully placing on a wire rack to cool. They will harden as they cool.
- Melt the the coconut oil and whisk through the cacao powder and Natvia
- Dip the cookies in the chocolate and place on a piece of baking paper. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts and sea salt flakes. Leave to set.