Easter Hot Cross Scrolls
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 1 hour
Cook: 30 minutes
1 x 7g sachet yeast
236 g Luke-warm water (1 Cup)
76 g Cream (1/4 Cup)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
100 g Unsalted butter
320 g Self-raising wholemeal flour (2 Cup)
1 tablespoon Natvia
1 teaspoon Mixed spice
Pinch of salt
50 g Unsalted butter
47 g Natvia (1/4 Cup)
2 teaspoon Cinnamon
150 g Sugar free dark chocolate chips (or simply chop up a bar of chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Combine the yeast, milk, cream and vanilla in a jug and stand for 15 minutes until bubbles start to dot the surface.
- Combine the butter, flour, spices, Natvia and salt in a food processor and blitz until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and yeast mixture and pulse until the dough just starts to come together.
- Knead briefly on a lightly floured surface until smooth before placing in a bowl and covering with a damp tea towel. Leave in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour.
- Beat the butter, Natvia and cinnamon until creamy.
- Roll the dough out to a 30x25xm rectangle. Spread the butter mixture over the dough. Sprinkle over ¾ of the chocolate chips. Roll the dough up lengthways and then slice into 12 pieces. Place evenly on a baking paper lined tray. Cover with the damp tea towel and stand for 45 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake in the oven, covered for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and stand.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and place in a piping bag or plastic sandwich bag, snipping the end. Draw a cross on each of the scrolls in chocolate. Best enjoyed as soon as possible.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|