Fig Chocolate Cakes with Fudge Sauce
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
Ingredients1 Cup chopped soft and juicy dried figs (200g) 1 Cup water 75g Unsalted butter, chopped 1/4 Cup Natvia 2 x 90g Block of no added sugar dark chocolate, coarsely chopped 3/4 Tsp Bicarbonate of soda 2 Eggs, lightly beaten 1 Cup self-raising flour 3 Tsps cocoa powder Whipped cream, to serve Fudge Sauce 90g Black of no added chocolate, coarsely chopped 1/2 Cup thickened cream
- Grease a six-hole Texas muffin pan (3/4 cup capacity)
- Place figs, water, butter, Natvia and half the chocolate in a medium saucepan over a medium to high heat. Stir until butter and chocolate are melted. Bring to boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in soda. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
- Stir eggs into fig mixture. Add combined sifted flour and cocoa with remaining chocolate. Stir to combine. Divide evenly among prepared pan holes.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes or until cakes spring back when touched lightly. Stand in pan for 5 minutes.
- To make the sauce, stir in chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over a low heat until melted and smooth.
- Serve cakes warm with sauce and cream.