Chocolate Heart Cookies
1.25 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour)
0.5 cup almond meal
0.25 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
0.5 teaspoon salt
0.75 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
0.75 cup Natvia natural sweetener
1 large egg, at room temperature
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1.25 cup sugar-free semi-sweet chocolate chips Icing
0.75 cup frozen raspberries
0.75 cup Natvia
25 g butter
0 Use hot water as required
- Heart shaped baking tray, or heart shaped oven safe cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease tray.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and Natvia together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and combine, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla extract, then mix on high until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Dough will be thick and soft.
- Transfer the dough to the tray and flatten out with your fingers or rubber spatula until edges reach the sides.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned on top. Allow cookie to cool on the pan set on a wire rack before cutting up and serving.
- Mix raspberries and Natvia in saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Use stick blender to blend ingredients.
- Stir in butter. Add hot water if needed for the desired consistency.
- Spread mixture over cooked cookie.