Giant Jaffa Cake
Makes 16 Slices
4 Juice of 4 oranges (save the zest for the cake)
80 g Natvia
1 sachet powdered gelatine (12g)
250 g butter, softened
1 cup Natvia
4 large eggs
100 g natural yoghurt
2 cup plain flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 Juice of 1 orange
4 Zest of 4 oranges
300 mls cream
200 g sugar free milk chocolate, chopped
100 g sugar free dark chocolate, chopped
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin and line with cling film.
- Add Natvia and orange juice to a saucepan over low heat and dissolve.
- Separately, mix the gelatine with 125ml boiling water until it dissolves.
- Add the gelatine to the orange juice and pour mixture into the lined cake tin. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160C and grease and line a round cake tin.
- Beat together butter and Natvia until light and fluffy.
- Add the remaining cake ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and smooth the top. Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until hot.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl and pour the cream over it.
- Stir well until you have a smooth ganache. Allow to cool at room temperature.
- Trim the top of the cooled cake to give a flat surface.
- Flip the orange jelly out of its tin onto the top of the cake.
- Smooth the ganache over the top of the cake. Decorate with orange zest and serve.