Mandarin Curd Slice
FOR THE BASE:
90 g Plain flour (¾ cup)
40 g Rice flour (¼ cup)
50 g Natvia (1/4 cup)
0.25 teaspoon Salt
110 g Butter, cold & cut into cubes
FOR THE CURD:
3 Large eggs
150 g Natvia (¾ cup)
30 g Plain flour (¼ cup)
1 tablespoon Mandarin zest
90 mls Mandarin juice (approx. 3-4 mandarins)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper.
- To make the shortbread base, combine flour, rice flour, Natvia and salt in a bowl. Add butter and rub between fingers until mixture looks like wet sand.
- Pour into lined tin and press down with the back of a spoon. Bake for 12 minutes until golden.
- In the meantime, make the mandarin curd by add all ingredients into a large bowl and whisking together until well combined.
- Pour over the top of the cooked shortbread and place back into the oven for 20 minutes until the curd has set.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least two hours before sliceing and serving.