Peanut butter doughnuts with sweet and salty glaze
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
For the baked doughnuts:
200 g all-purpose flour (1 ¼ cups)
1.5 tablespoon baking powder
140 g peanut butter (½ cup )
100 g butter, softened
60 g Natvia natural sweetener (1/3 cup )
1 tablespoon vanilla
125 g milk (½ cup )
Roasted and chopped peanuts to decorate
For the glaze:
(adapted from The Sugar-Free Diva)
140 g Natvia (¾ cup)
2 tablespoon cornflour
5 teaspoon water
0.5 teaspoon vanilla
0.5 tablespoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease a 12-hole doughnut baking tin.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add peanut butter, butter and Natvia. Using a stand mixer, beat for a few minutes until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl throughout if necessary.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing in between.
- In a small jug, add vanilla to the milk. Alternate between adding the dry ingredients and the vanilla milk to the wet ingredients, mixing in between each addition. Begin and end with the flour mixture.
- Divide batter among doughnut moulds. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze: add Natvia and cornflour into a high-powered blender. Blend for 10 seconds until a very fine powder. Pour into a bowl.
- Add in water and vanilla and whisk until silky. Add the salt and stir.
- Place doughnuts on a cooling rack over a tray. Pour over glaze and quickly sprinkle with chopped roasted peanuts.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|