Chocolate Cake with Berries
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 60 minutes
For the cake:
200 g dark chocolate, chopped
250 g butter, chopped
1 tablespoon instant coffee
100 mls milk
250 g self-raising flour (1 2/3 cup)
40 g Dutch cocoa powder
125 g Natvia (2/3 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
120 g sour cream (½ cup)
250 g frozen mixed berries to decorate (2 cups)
For the chocolate ganache:
300 g dark chocolate
120 g thickened cream (½ cup)
50 g butter
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Grease and line a 23 centimetre springform cake pan.
- Place chocolate, butter, instant coffee and milk in heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Ensure that the bowl does not touch the water. Stir until mixture is silky smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, sift flour and cocoa powder. Add Natvia. Fold in cooled chocolate mixture, followed by the eggs, vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Pour batter into cake tin and cook for 60 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Set aside and allow to cool completely in the cake tin.
- To make the ganache, place all ingredients in a heatproof bowl. Either set over boiling water as above, or microwave at intervals of 30 seconds, stirring in between until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly to thicken up.
- Once cake is cooled, spread with chocolate ganache and top with frozen berries. Serve immediately.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|