Simple Mascarpone Berry Tart
IngredientsTart Crust 1 1/2 cup (200 g) all-purpose flour 1/2 cup Natvia 1/8 teaspoon salt 140 g unsalted butter, cubed 1 egg, lightly beaten 1/4 tsp vanilla extract Filling 1 cup mascarpone cheese 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/3 cup Natvia 1/2 lemon juiced and zested 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 cup raspberries 1 cup blueberries 1 cup strawberries, halved other fruit toppings (to your taste)
- For the crust: Mix the flour, Natvia, and salt in food processor and pulse until well combined. Add butter and pulse a few times followed by the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until the dough begins to look like clumps.
- Grease the inside of a tart pan (with removable bottom) with butter. Transfer the crust and spread out evenly along the bottom and the sides of the tart shell. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the frozen tart crust with aluminium foil. If you have baking weights fill with baking weights (ceramic or stainless steel). Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and remove the pie weights. Poke the bottom of the crust with a fork. Return to oven and bake for 10-15 more minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- With a mixer, beat together the mascarpone, cream, Natvia, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest on high speed until stiff peaks form. Transfer mixture into tart crust, and spread evenly.
- Arrange the berries on top of the mascarpone mixture in the tart crust. You can dust with Natvia icing mix for sugar free icing. Enjoy!